www.CampFireEMA.org

Monday, November 25, 2013

Holiday Gift Idea

Each year, I try to come up with a cute holiday craft that can be given to family members, coworkers, and friends. I must admit that some years I have great, stress free crafts, and other years I want to pull my hair out!!

I was determined to remain stress free, and I came across the perfect gift idea when my coworker, Amy, was getting crafts together for our class, "Bracelets, bracelets, bracelets!" That perfect idea was making beads using washers, Mod Podge, and scrapbook paper!

It is very easy to do. The materials you will need are:
  • Washers-- there are a variety of sizes, I like the larger ones. I bought a pack of 25 at Home Depot for under $8.00.
  • Mod Podge-- You will need their basic glue to paste the scrapbook paper onto the washer and then you need the Dimensional Magic glue, which gives the paper that "bead effect."
  • Scrapbook paper-- or stationery, calendar photos, etc...
  • Scissors-- try to find sharp ones! I began using dull ones and it was hard to cut out the inner circle.
  • String, leather cord, beads, whatever you want to attach your bead to.








You will notice that when you put  on the Mod Podge, Dimensional Magic, that the design  you pasted on looks a little murky. Do not be alarmed, it will dry clear! I plan to create necklaces for the females and key chains for the males. I'll post back later with final results!

For in-depth directions, check out this link.

Happy Holidays! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment