www.CampFireEMA.org

Thursday, December 12, 2013

S'more Pops

Last Saturday, Amy and I had a table at the Weymouth High School craft fair. Our intentions were to share information about the summer camps and out-of-school time programming we have to offer. So we set up our display board, assembled mini s'more packets, collated brochures, and then decided we would should have something to sell!

We decided to make s'more pops to sell at our table. They were fairly easy, and they go really well with the Camp Fire theme! The great thing about these pops is that there are so many options! We stayed with the traditional Hershey chocolate and crushed graham crackers, but next time we may get adventurous! 

To begin, the marshmallows were assembled onto their pop sticks. I purchased the lolli pop sticks at Shaw's for 3.99.

After that, the graham crackers needed to be crushed. I used gloves so I would be able to crush the crackers finely.

Next, the chocolate was melted. I used Hershey chocolate and melted it in the microwave. The chocolate pieces were broken down into small chunks and a dollop of Crisco was added to the mix. I microwaved the chocolate for 30 seconds on 50% heat. I did this four times, stirring in between each microwave session. 

Once the chocolate was completely melted, I began dipping the marshmallows into the chocolate and graham crackers. I was sure to shake a good amount of the chocolate off, before dipping it into the graham crackers.

I came across a problem when I was letting the pops cool and harden. They were being placed in coffee mugs, and some of them began to bump into each other! Oh no! Amy came to the rescue and grabbed tinfoil. She covered each mug with tinfoil and poked small holes in each one to give the s'more pop a designated space.

Once the pops were fully hardened (I let them sit for a couple hours), then it was time to assemble the packaging. I small plastic bags found in the candy section of Michael's and gold ribbon. 

This was the finished product. Ta-da! I may add that they are absolutely delicious. I tried a few too many when I was doing "quality control."


1 comment:

  1. I forgot to add that all of our s'more pop sales are going toward Campership funds! :)

    ReplyDelete